Saturday, October 18, 2008

Engine bay revamp and new clutch

Because of tired clutch and massive oil leaks, I decided it was time for some work...
So engine down and doka out on stands:

I hand sanded all engine metal... lot of rust!
Can you smell it?
I bought a LUK clutch kit from Dei Kafer Service
Original distributor up again with new wires:
Here is the final look after some hours. I also decided to put an EMPI pulley because the previous caused wrong advance readings. I mantained the Bosch blue coil and painted the exhaust white. I needed a new inlet manifold and some work inside the 30 Solex carburetor.

Since the engine was down, it was time to get rid of some rust inside the engine bay...



After a lot of hand sandblasting and a coat of antirust:


Then a coat of Light Grey paint:

Looks better uh?

Time for the engine to go up again, after some testing sessions
It all works! Great.

50.000 visits! Thanks guys...


No comments: