Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bed work...

The bed had been sprayed several times from previous owners during the years, but these couldn't stop hungry rust continuosly eating everywhere. Unfortunately some little holes are already present. First I removed the various layers of old paint.
I used a strong paint-stripper. This was the result. Romantic...





Let's see some less romantic details...


Then I used a metallic brush rotating on the drill.


At this point I put a layer of Remox (a deoxidizer) using a brush. I let it work for an hour, then I removed it with water.


After filling holes in an unorthodox way, I sprayed an antirust.



On Sunday I sprayed Max Meyer filler on the bed and other parts, and prepared the rest for final paint.


With my body I was at home working on the doka, but with the mind all the weekend at the seaside...

No comments: